Search This Blog

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Growing in Gratitude


At church today, Judy stood before the congregation with her silver hair and big smile and sang with a voice like a songbird. She sang a song of gratitude to God; and tears found their way to my cheeks while goose bumps rose on my arms. You see, Judy and her husband recently lost their son. And still . . . she can stand up and praise God and see His blessings.

I love my boys with a fierceness that knows no limits. My children's health, happiness, and wellbeing are my greatest concerns. I cannot imagine lifting my voice in gratitude after such a loss. But Judy taught me today that it is possible.

My life is beautiful and I am so grateful. May you, too, feel the blessings upon you this Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment