Search This Blog

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Gentle Day Today

Getting cozy by the new wood stove.
Last night, six boys circled the house with Nerf guns popping. Shouts could be heard from a quarter mile away. Lady and I sighed as we returned from our short walk to escape the chaos.

Sleepovers are wonderful . . . for the boys. At midnight, I opened my bedroom door to see a cowboy, a zombie, and the grim reaper running down the hallway! It was a loud, boisterous party and I'm grateful for my boys' fine friends; but I confess I'm glad the party's over.

Today, we curl up near the fire, speak softly, and take it easy. Eventually, the costume closet will be refilled and crammed shut. The floor will be vacuumed. The assorted legos and nerf guns will find their way upstairs.

A gentle day today.
Cleaning up after the sleepover.

John and Cameron discuss
video game strategy.

Denver and Alex enjoy ice cream cake!
Shaw and Spencer
building with Legos.

John Robert in his "uniform"


No comments:

Post a Comment