Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2014

Denver Teaches Me a Lesson

Denver reviews math and shares
his opinion on the value
of video games.
Today is Back to School Day in the Degonia home.  After nearly two months off, I felt the boys and I had enough time to relax, goof off, and refresh ourselves.  With the exception of Denver, everyone seemed to agree that easing back into our homeschool routine would be fine.  And so we began. 

The boys each dutifully read their assigned books and entered the date and title into their reading logs.  Then Spencer and John Robert went for a short visit to Paw Paw's house to learn about the Constitution while Denver and I played a little math review. 

While Denver was reviewing math, I asked this question as I placed four quarters in front of him: "What is 25 cents plus 25 cents plus 25 cents plus 25 cents?"
"I thank Plants v. Zombies for this one!" Denver shouted happily.  "In Plants v. Zombies, you get 25 points for every sun and it takes 4 suns to get a peashooter.  The answer is 100 or One dollar!"  He proceeded to write "$1.00" on a piece of paper.  

Yes, it is Back to School Day in the Degonia home.  And as usual, I seem to be the one learning the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment