Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Little Spice in Life

John and I at Warner Robins Airforce Base just after my best race ever.
Mom.  
Wife. 
Daughter. 
Judge.  
Writing teacher.  
Yoga Teacher.  
Homeschool Teacher.  
Dog trainer and kennel manager.  
Housecleaner.  
Chef. 
Laundry service.
Taxi service.

Life is busy.  Some roles are more important than others, but they all occupy a prominant place in my life.

Sometimes, however, you need to do something to give yourself a thrill. Something that has nothing to do with accomplishing daily duties; something that is just for you

For me, that something is running.  Quite unexpectedly, this past weekend was my fastest race ever.  Not fast enough to win, but fast enough to make me feel silly with joy-- or maybe that was just exhaustion!  

I ran so fast that John's carefully timed arrival to meet me at the finish line was over 30 minutes after I had finished and eaten two bananas.  I almost won a trophy.  How great is that?

The boys said they were pround of me.  Yay!



No comments:

Post a Comment