Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2015

And Running Reminds Me

Happy to be setting a new personal record in the half marathon!

Although I love many people and am blessed by all the roles I am allowed to play-- including silly Diva at this half marathon last weekend (couldn't bring myself to wear the offered tutu!), it is good to occassionally remind myself that I am more than these roles. Running reminds me.

Perhaps my need to run is less about physical accomplishment and weightloss than I think.  Maybe this deep desire to run exists as a reminder that I exist separately from my sometimes overwhelming roles as wife, mother, daughter, judge, dog walker, taxi service, writing teacher, homeschool teacher, and yoga instructor. 

Who I am on the outside changes over time.  The body and face in these pictures is nearly unrecognizable to me.  Who I am changes on the inside, too-- I am not the same person now that I was five (or 47!) years ago.  Yet deep within-- the soul resides at peace within this stream of changes-- and running reminds me.






No comments:

Post a Comment