Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Springing Forward, Looking Back

The boys and I enjoyed pizza and gelato
yesterday at My Pie on the square.
Maybe the surest way to fall is to move forward while looking back.  Yet I cannot help myself.  My days with the boys fly past, and holding each moment is like trying to catch the wind.  


Enjoying a quiet moment at the library.
John is finishing his first year of high school.  He has done well academically, and has learned a lot about himself this year.  As he commented yesterday, "It's hard to know what I want since I change and become a different person about every two years."  Hmm...

Spencer is maturing.  Now six feet tall, he spends a lot of time thinking, reading, and playing video games with computer friends.  He is very thoughtful and likes to be outside.  He rides his bike almost every day.


Spencer and Denver enjoy bicycles and nerf guns.
Denver is growing up (and out!).  Rambunctious and as enthusiastic as ever, he enjoys all learning as long as it involves movement.  He enjoys talking to his dad about how machines work and the mechanics and physics of aircraft and cars.  Traditional academics are a boring nuisance to him; everything he enjoys is about action
Playing at Chimney Park.

They and my husband are the center of my world, with the dogs running a close second.  Time for myself-- when I make it-- is all about running, biking, swimming, and yoga.  Somehow, work finds its place in there, too.

It is perhaps no surprise that I spend a great deal of time fantasizing about rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment