Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wild Girl Time


Lady runs in wild abandon

Most people dread Monday morning, but I cannot wait. After a weekend of being nothing but "Mom", and doing all the title entails-- welcoming children for sleepovers and swimming, constant kitchen duty, picking up shoes, caring for laundry, making spaghetti, pb&j sandwiches, and generally not doing anything that I would choose to do if I were alone-- after all of this, Monday morning calls to me like a moon to the howling wolf. It is time for Wild Girl.

In just a few hours, I will awaken, throw off my mommy pajamas, and pull on my running clothes. Lady and I will run at least ten miles tomorrow before the boys are out of bed. We cannot wait. It is our Wild Girl time. We might see deer, geese, hawks, or even an owl out past bedtime. Dreams and ideas will swirl unhindered in my mind. Lady will run beside me-- nose twitching and tongue hanging out like a ham. We cannot wait.

Well, that's not quite true. Right now, Lady is sound asleep near my feet; her legs up in the air like a dead bug leaning against the wall. She is snoring. So perhaps we approach the night before a run slightly differently. Nevertheless, tomorrow morning for a couple of hours we'll each embrace our secret identities-- as Wild Girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment