Search This Blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

What's the Plan for Tomorrow?

The boys often ask me as we lie down in the evening, "What's the plan for tomorrow?"

Spencer and Denver create a Living Hand!
In response, I tell them everything I know: where we are planning to go, what we have planned to do. Then I ask, "What would you like to do tomorrow?" Sometimes they have suggestions, and we include those activities in our day. Often times they are content just to know what to expect.



The truth is . . . I don't really know what's going to happen. My plans usually change in one way or another. If I listed everything we've been doing over the past two weeks, it would not look like a proper teacher's plan; it would look like an itinerary planned by a fool!

* A day of science experiments with baking soda and vinegar
* An afternoon of reading about knights
* A trip to Fernbank to see the new Whales exhibit
* How to turn geometry into a drawing class
* An art history and painting class
* Pancake dinner with Paw Paw

John Robert inspecting the skeleton
of a sperm whale.
* A weekend of watching John Robert swim his best times at Georgia Tech

div>

Yet . . . it all seems to come together somehow; even as my lesson plans get passed over for something more intriguing. I think I know who's in charge of tomorrow's lesson plans; and He has something surprising and perfect in store for us.

Denver loves this Knight book
that allows you to make choices
about what you would do, and then
turn to the chosen page to see
what happens to you.
Sometimes it's good to know that the One in charge isn't me. :-)



Thinking about geometric shapes.
John Robert listens attentively (as always)
 to his coach's critique.
Still thinking about geometric shapes!
John Robert is crouched on the far right
listening for the gun.


A proud daddy.

Denver renamed his painting, "Starry Hills."

Spencer is very pleased with his interpretation
of Van Gogh's "Starry Night."


No comments:

Post a Comment