Search This Blog

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Have an Ice Day

"I can do it!  I can skate!"


Mr. Determination picks up speed.

No Balance?  No problem! 
Mr. Confidence spins, slides, falls, and glides. 
Everything is an adventure for this guy.
Today we ventured away from the Wii.  First stop, haircuts.  Second stop (because the first one took WAY too long) McDonald's.  Final Destination: Have an Ice Day, the little outdoor ice skating rink.  It was crowded with a variety of people, most of whom were brand new to ice skating.  It was a lot like slow motion bumper cars on ice. 

For two hours, the boys circled the skating rink-- very slowly and wobbily at first-- then faster, smoother, and with harder falls!  The look of concentration on the faces of Spencer and John Robert hid the fact they were having a blast!  Denver had fun the whole time-- sliding and circling-- even falling without losing his look of triumph.  "Look at me!  Watch me!," he called out every time he passed by, looking ever more like a snowman due to his tumbles on the ice.  Despite growing blisters, they kept skating; breaking only for hot chocolate and Hershey's bars.  I sat on the sidelines, having gotten my fill of ice skating the last time we came.  It was a pleasure to sit with my book and watch the boys circle.  I was the holder of the hot chocolate cup.  It was a good time for all.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment