Search This Blog

Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Walk in the Park

Denver poses with his walking stick/laser gun/sword
at Varner Lake this week.
I'll let you in on a little secret:
Living with Denver is no walk in the park.  He talks incessantly.
 He seems to need neither down time nor quiet time for reflection.  Denver is all action adventure and continually narrates his thoughts and activities.  And it's not enough to simply be present with him as he does all this.  You must watch, comment, and participate.

He can-- quite frankly-- be exhausting.  And yet, when I am able to give him my full and undivided attention, he is a joy.  Yesterday was such a day.

While his brothers enjoyed other activities, Denver and I took Lady to Varner Lake.  Alone time with Denver allowed me to really appreciate his company. I pushed him in the swings, watched him play on the playground, listened to him narrate imaginary adventures, and answered all of his many questions.  He held Lady's leash and played with her.  We explored the rocks along the lake's shore and hiked around the lake.  It was a lovely afternoon-- a walk in the park.




No comments:

Post a Comment